Strange as it may sound, the universe is aware of itself—through each and every one of us. Consciousness has been a core mystery of the human experience ever since our rise into sapience, and The Library’s virtual aisles are filling up (admittedly at a glacial pace) with various perspectives on this wondrous phenomenon.
However! Remember to remain grounded and humble. The moment you get too serious about all this, you’ll miss the point. Consume the information as you would music, not gospel; as a neo-Buddhist sci-fi romp through the embryonic Gaian hive mind as it awakens and comes to terms with its own existence. Play with it! Have fun! Tease it a little! But don’t for a moment delude yourself into believing that it’s anything other than entertainment. Just rummage around, sync up your neural net with some far-out intellectual artistry, and admire mental sculptures of cosmic proportions!
Welcome to the collective! (Don’t worry, nobody’s in charge.) We’re so thrilled you’re here :)
P.S. Visit www.organism.earth for a meditative audiovisual experience of these ideas.
P.P.S. Have a suggestion? The Library is actively looking for female and POC viewpoints on this subject matter, as they are abysmally underrepresented. Feel free to contact u/CuratorOfTheLibrary on Reddit with your pointers and recommendations.
|X (formerly Twitter)||ItsTheCurator|
Toggle Play/Pause SPACE Decrease Playback Speed 10% CTRL or ⌘ + < Increase Playback Speed 10% CTRL or ⌘ + > Rewind 10s CTRL or ⌘ + 🡄 Fast Forward 10s CTRL or ⌘ + 🡆
- Time Stamps are provided alongside each paragraph for most audio and video transcriptions. Clicking on red or purple time stamps will automatically begin playing the media file from that point on.
- Most hyperlinks can be previewed by hovering your cursor over them.
- Quotes are noteworthy passages in documents that have been selected by the Curator of the Library for their insightful or humorous content. Hover your cursor over them to fade out the highlight color, or disable the highlights altogether in Document Options (lower left corner of the browser window).
- The symbol in front of a quote indicates that you can click on the quote to directly jump to that part in the media file.
- The Document Options button in the lower left corner lets you switch on and off hyperlinks and quote highlights. You can also enable an option to have the page scroll along with the playing media file.
- Audio files are encoded using the open-source .ogg file format for significant bandwidth savings. Please ensure your operating system has an .ogg codec installed and that your web browser can handle this format (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are compatible).
|Cumulative media runtime||19 days, 05:04:45|
|Unique page views||1,064,469|
- A wonderful network of close friends and family :)
- IDE: Sublime Text 4.
- Database management: DBeaver.
- Hosting: Dreamhost.
- Know-How: MSDN Web Developer Guide.
- More know-how: Stack Overflow.
- Some specific know-how: HowCode.
- PHP know-how: PHP.net.
- The Internet Archive.
- Fonts by Google: Alegreya, Dosis, and Roboto Mono.
- MathJax for the mathematical typography.
- mhchem for MathJax for the chemical typography.
- Icons: FontAwesome.
- Everybody keeping the internet (Global Brain?) running.
- Everybody who keeps those people going.
- And everyone else, because we can only keep the planetary organism alive if we work together.
- A planet with a stable(-ish), non-hostile biosphere (Can we try to keep it that way?).
- A magnificent and awe-inspiring universe.
The Library will always remain a free resource, because nothing is more important than the maturation of consciousness.